Spaghetti Squash with Pine Nuts
Spaghetti Squash with Pine Nuts, Sage, and Romano
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the squash either in the oven or the microwave.
- For the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place the squash, cut side down, in a large baking dish. Bake the squash in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Microwave method. Poke the entire squash several times with a paring knife to allow steam/heat to escape. Place the whole squash in the microwave. Cook on high for only 5 minutes turning halfway through. Be careful handling the hot squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place the half squash in a Pyrex dish cut side down. Add an inch of water to the pan. Cook on high about 10 minutes, checking a few times for doneness.
- Scrape flesh of squash from the rind using a fork and place in a bowl. Add the pine nuts, cheese, sage, butter, salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Variation of the recipe by Sarah Stephan on allrecipes.com