This fast and easy one-pan cobbler is wonderful served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
½ cup butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
3 cups canned pears in heavy syrup – drained (use either cut or halves)
- Melt butter in 8” Pyrex baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and milk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over melted butter. Do NOT stir.
- Spoon fruit over batter. Do NOT stir.
- Bake cobbler at 350 for 30-40 minutes until crust rises to the top and is lightly browned and the liquid is bubbly.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Briefly warm refrigerated cobbler in microwave, if desired.