Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
My friend Esty always finds the yummiest and easiest recipes that can serve a crowd! This one is from www.realmomkitchen.com.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired
*** For an extra-easy version, substitute McCormick Fajita seasoning package for all the spices.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.