2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 ¼ cups white sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup eggnog
2 egg yolks
1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Drop by nicely rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg (or festive colored sugar).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack with a spatula.
Baking tips: Bake cookies on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. After dropping the dough on the cookie sheet, use slightly damp fingers to smooth and round the cookie dough to bake a prettier cookie.