Zucchini Coconut Muffins
adapted from the King Arthur Flour recipe
Makes 18 muffins.
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
½ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup light brown sugar – packed
2 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini
½ cup shredded coconut
Glaze and Topping
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 T milk
1 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Insert muffin liners. Coat with Pam spray.
- Make toasted coconut for the topping. Spread 1 cup coconut on baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 4 minutes shaking the pan after 2 minutes. Watch so it doesn’t burn. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, oil and sugar.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until combined. Stir in zucchini and ½ cup shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into muffin pans filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze, mix sugar and milk. Drizzle glaze on warm muffins and sprinkle with toasted coconut.