Strategies for Success Newsletter March 2015 Issue 111
Published by Emily Huling Selling Strategies
Copyright 2015 Emily Huling. All rights reserved.
In this March 2015 issue:
Thoughts from the office
Thoughts from home
Thoughts from the office
The e-mail subject line read “RE: Service Selling Supercharge Q&A.” The sender’s name was an agency owner whose name I recognized. I expected a message asking additional questions about the e-mail I originated. But it wasn’t.
The message did not contain a salutation. I read halfway through and realized I was not the intended recipient. Whoops! It had a list of questions asking internal staff whether they thought this program would be worthwhile. The message ended with a remark specifically about me and my programs. I was happy it was a favorable comment!
I hit reply and wrote, “I don’t think this was intended for me.” I proceeded to answer his concerns and thanked him for the thumbs up testimonial. Totally embarrassed, the agency owner e-mailed back immediately apologizing for the error and noted that he was glad he had given me a positive review.
With a tone of levity, I replied one last time. I said that I had found a new selling strategy – embarrass the prospect into buying!
Ironically, episode 32 of Service Selling Supercharge is Effective E-mail and covers 10 e-mail tips. Tip #9 is “Always double check who you’re sending it to. Programs prefill addresses. I’ve received many that are intended for another Emily.”
If you are interested in dozens of fresh ideas and reminders to improve professional practices and service selling, please sign up for Service Selling Supercharge! Register by March 3 and receive a free gift – the new 2014 Energizer Minute Collection CD! This year’s bonus track is 27 Tips to Promote Positive Energy.
Even though I love biscotti, I rarely make it. In November, I came upon Cranberry Swirl Biscotti in Taste of Home magazine. Not only did it sound yummy, a friend sent us a gift package from Door County, Wisconsin, that included a jar of cherry preserves so I had all the ingredients on hand. The rich flavors of cherry and cranberry with a hint of almond in the glaze makes this the best. I’ve already made a second batch with the other half of the cherry preserves! Enjoy!
Josmo’s Cafe, named in honor of John’s delicious Josmo’s Cosmo, is the name we use for our in-house entertaining. Many of our favorite recipes are posted on the Josmo’s Café webpage. We hope you’ll find one or two to try!
17 Terrific Tips to be Polished and Professional is the latest addition to the 17 Terrific Tips series. All published 17 Terrific Tips are found on the Free Stuff page of the website. I hope you find all the material useful in your organizations!
Service Selling Supercharge!!!
For only $2.00 a week, $104.00 for the annual subscription, receive a series of three-to-six minute audio lessons every Tuesday morning to write, retain, and grow business!
NEW! Many agents requested a program Tracking Form for participants to make notes, generate discussion, and aid accountability. I hope you’ll find it useful!
1. Designed for CSRs and Account Managers from Personal Lines, Commercial Lines, and Benefits.
2. 52 service-selling lessons in three-to-six minute mp3 audio episodes delivered by e-mail.
3. Perfect for independent learning, as pre-work for staff meetings, or listening together as a group.
4. Join at any time and receive every past and future episode.
5. Only one subscription needed per office location. Forward e-mail to all staff.
6. Quantity discounts are available for multi-location agencies, company sponsorships, agency networks, clusters, and alliances. Please get in touch with me to discuss quantity pricing for your organization.
Listen to excerpts from three episodes. Information page lists all 52 episode topics.
Sign up by March 3 to receive a gift – the new 2014 Energizer Minute Collection CD! This year’s bonus track is 27 Tips to Promote Positive Energy. CD will be mailed March 6.
I hope you’ll join me for a year’s worth of service selling strategies that are doable, time saving, and can be incorporated into your work routine.
Only $2.00 a week, $104.00 for 52 service-selling lessons! Can you afford not to sign up ?
Thoughts from home
What was I waiting for?
The wallpaper never was right. It started peeling in the corners soon after it was hung during a remodeling project eight years ago. The seams continued to split with every humid year. A small annoyance that has lasted eight years. I rationalized. No one else noticed since it was in our bedroom. John was not bothered. It was going to be too much of a hassle to fix. Last month, I finally took action. I made a phone call to the professional painter we use. Jack visited the next day to give an estimate to remove the wallpaper and paint the wall. We chose a color. We agreed on a date only two weeks later. In six hours on that date, the job was completed and my annoyance vanished. Just like that.
Moral of the story. Don’t postpone something that is a continual irritation. You’ll probably find, like I did, that the fix will be easier and quicker than you think!
Meeting planners – 2015 Convention and Meeting Topics and Descriptions provide program ideas to make your event a bigger success! These relevant, thought-provoking topics offer how-to strategies for participants to apply back at the office. Newly written programs are:
Stop Selling! Essential Strategies to Help Buyers Buy
Modern-Day Management – Get Work Done and Develop People
Create Career Success: A Short Course to Advance Professionally
Organic Growth – The Process and Practices of Sustained Success
Strengthening Agency-Company Relationships
How to Become the Agent of Choice
For Young Agent conferences – Polishing the Message and the Messenger; Proven Strategies to Earn More Money; Kick Your “But” – Program Descriptions.
For more information, please get in touch.
March Energizer Minute – Shepherding a Conversation. Get supercharged with Energizer Minutes – one-to-two minute audio stories told by yours truly to energize, invigorate, and inspire!
Follow me on Twitter @EmilyHuling to read my weekday Energizer Moments.
Since 1994, Selling Strategies’ purpose is to build top-performing sales, service, and leadership organizations. We offer insurance industry expertise to companies, agents, MGAs, industry partners, and service providers.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
We will improve your clients’ experience; grow your top-line revenue, and your bottom-line profit. Together we accomplish this through:
· Strategic planning and implementation
· Leadership and management development
· Business development – marketing, sales, service strategies
· Organization and process improvements
· Individual skill and team development
· Personal coaching
To discuss how to fast forward achieving your goals, please contact me for a complimentary 30-minute conversation. Call 888-309-8802 or email@example.com.
· NAMIC Commercial Lines Underwriting Conference – Putting Customers First While Maintaining Profitability – Chicago, IL – March 4-5, 2015
· Private Client – consulting – Atlanta, GA – March 10-12, 2015
· Private Client – consulting – Phoenix, AZ – March 18-24, 2015
· NetVU Annual Conference – Modern-Day Management – Get Work Done and Develop People – Indianapolis, IN – March 26-28, 2015
· Agency Management CIC – Little Rock, AR – April 8-10, 2015
· Private Client – agency consulting and workshops – South Bend, IN – April 13-16, 2015
· Private Client – workshops and consulting – Madison, WI – April 20-23, 2015
· IIA Iowa – Young Agent Conference – Polishing the Message and Messenger, Proven Strategies to Earn More Money, Kick Your “But” – Des Moines, IA – June 16-17, 2015
· NAPSLO Annual Convention – San Diego, CA – September 9-12, 2015
· Agency Management CIC – Roanoke, VA – October 21-22, 2015
Share any of my free stuff, articles, or newsletter content as long as proper credit is included.
Selling Strategies: Strategies for Success Newsletter is published by Emily Huling Selling Strategies. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 Emily Huling. All rights reserved.