Maintain a Resource and Referral Directory
The best call an agent can receive (other than “You’ve earned my business!”) is one that asks for your professional advice to recommend service providers you trust. Here’s a list of categories to get your contact information started. Circulate the list among agency staff asking for their suggestions as to who earns the right to be included. An additional step would be to reach out to those on your list asking their permission – who wouldn’t say yes?? – and never telling where that goodwill will lead!
- Contractors – general, remodeling, carpentry, roofing, HVAC, plumbing, tree removal, restoration, landscaping, etc.
- Auto repair and auto body shops
- Appraisers – jewelry, collectibles, antiques, silver, china
- Bankers, attorneys, CPAs
- Pest and critter control
- Veterinarians, animal boarding, pet sitters
- Computer repair
- Garage doors sales and service
- Security systems
Looking for more category suggestions? Your Chamber of Commerce lists its members by category, so give that a try!