Emily captures the essence of how to maintain a profitable business. Her knowledge and insight set the stage for establishing effective customer relationships and gaining a competitive advantage. Emily provides precise tools to avoid costly mistakes, develops winning strategies, and makes organizational goals a reality.
Are you seeking a trusted advisor to help your agency reach its full potential?
For over 25 years, Emily Huling has advised and guided MGAs to achieve dramatic growth and enhanced market power. Her clients report:
- Increased new business and retention rates
- Improved employee satisfaction and professionalism
- Stronger retail agent and carrier relationships
- Revenue growth and increased profit
Our Commitment to Our Clients
We will improve your clients' experience, grow your top-line revenue and your bottom-line profit. Together we accomplish this through:
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Leadership and management development
- Business development - marketing, sales, service strategies
- Organizational and process improvements
- Individual skill and team development
- Personal coaching
- Work in partnership with you to create and execute your ideal business model - family business, lifestyle business, or enterprise.
- Utilize and develop existing talents and resources for your agency and individuals to reach their full potential.
- Solutions are tailored to specific needs using both on-site and remote contact. They may include consulting, coaching, workshops, teleconferences, Emily's books and audio programs.
Operations Review, Recommendations, and Strategy Plan - agency or department
- Situation analysis - strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, threats
- Gap analysis - staff surveys, observation, interviews
- Cultural purpose, values, best practices - create or revisit
- Underwriter effectiveness - profitable production, agent relationships, retention, trusted advisor
- Personnel practices review - employee manual, job descriptions, performance reviews, hiring and terminating practices
- Producer agreements, effectiveness, and profit - sales plans and practices
- Business development - agency management and development, marketing practices, niche and specialty focus
- Accounting - relationship between underwriting, accounting, clients
- Workload - account and book of business assignments
- Carrier analysis
- Compensation review including incentives, bonus, etc.
Service-Selling Skill Development - Equip front-line employees with the skills to develop relationships, ask, listen, and advise to improve retention, loss ratio, and profit.
Client-Based Selling and Individual Marketing Skills for Producers - This program focuses on establishing the agency sales culture, sales planning and management, and individual production results.
Leadership and Management Practices - Develop owner, manager and supervisor skills and personal effectiveness that result in improved staff productivity, teamwork, and client focus.
Emily Huling is founder and president of Selling Strategies, Inc. in Terrell, NC. Founded in 1994, Selling Strategies is a consulting, training, and speaking firm that specializes in the insurance industry to create top-performing sales, customer service, and leadership organizations.
Emily’s background in the insurance industry includes underwriting, marketing, and consulting activities for Aetna Life and Casualty and The Hartford. She was also sales manager at a large multi-location independent agency.
Her articles are published regularly in insurance publications countrywide. She’s on the national faculty for the Society of CIC. Her clients include companies, wholesalers, and dozens of independent agents and associations across the country.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]