Emily is one of the best insurance industry trainers and motivators out there. I affectionately call her “Encore Emily” because practically every planning committee wanted Emily on next year’s agenda over my 17-year career working with her.
Since 1994, Selling Strategies purpose is to build top-performing sales, service, and leadership organizations. We offer insurance industry expertise to companies, agents, MGAs, industry partners and service providers.
I work in partnership with you to create and execute your guiding principles, business objectives, and develop employees' skills, performance, and accountability.
- Underwriter effectiveness - profitable production, agent relationships, retention, trusted advisor
- Business development - alignment of agency management, marketing department effectiveness, agency development, external communication
- Cultural purpose, values, best practices - create or revisit
- Gap analysis - staff surveys, observation, interviews
- Situation analysis - strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, threats
- Personnel practices review - employee manual, job descriptions, performance measurement and reviews, hiring and terminating practices
- Inter-departmental effectiveness - underwriting, marketing, accounting, loss control, audit, claims
- Organizational effectiveness - reporting chain, workload, agent and book of business assignments
- Compensation review including incentives and bonuses
Workshop topics for employee and organizational success
- Professional practices that increase business and improve quality of business
- Understanding your company's role in the distribution chain of company, MGA, retailer, policyholder
- Individual responsibilities for business growth, retention, and profit
- Building internal relationships and teamwork to grow and retain business
- Preparing and executing productive agency visits
- Qualifying business and improving submitted to written ratios
- Handling agent attitudes and objections
- Framing language to turn "no" into business opportunities
- Understanding owner, producer, and CSR communication styles
- Handling difficult situations – what to do when things go wrong
- Communication effectiveness - business writing, e-mail, listening, verbal, group presentation
- Time tactics – accomplish more, stress less – managing priorities
- Critical thinking and problem solving - the process to find solutions in any situation
- Company-specific case studies
Leadership and Management Development - Through workshops and coaching, managers and supervisors will learn the behaviors and skills that result in improved staff productivity, teamwork, and client focus. Materials and approach are designed to meet specific needs. Most effective when done in conjunction with staff development programs.
Most requested topics:
- Motivational theories
- Earning trust and respect
- From coworker to boss
- Managing off-site and remote workers
- New employee orientation
- Delegating effectively and responsibly
- Creating teamwork
- Facilitating learning and information flow
- Holding people accountable
- Recognition and reward
- Intervention strategies for under performers
- How to keep top performers challenged
- Coaching and counseling techniques
Emily Huling is founder and president of Selling Strategies, Inc. in Terrell, NC. Founded in 1994, Selling Strategies is a consulting, training, and speaking firm that specializes in the insurance industry to create top-performing sales, customer service, and leadership organizations.
Emily’s background in the insurance industry includes underwriting, marketing, and consulting activities for Aetna Life and Casualty and The Hartford. She was also sales manager at a large multi-location independent agency.
Her articles are published regularly in insurance publications countrywide. She’s on the national faculty for the Society of CIC. Her clients include companies, wholesalers, and dozens of independent agents and associations across the country.
Emily is a Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), a Certified Management Consultant (CMC), a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and the author of more than a dozen books and audio programs including Selling in a Hard Market, Great Service Sells, Kick Your “But” and Selling from the Inside.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]