Consulting for Independent Agencies, Insurance Companies, and MGAs
Expanded Offerings effective June 2019
If you’ve noticed that my business travel schedule has slowed down over the past year, it (happily) has! My phone consulting and coaching practice continues to expand to serve my clients on a more frequent and personal basis.
Here are recent examples of ways I’ve assisted my clients remotely to advance organizational change, professional development, and bottom-line profit:
- Create and clarify strategic growth plans and execution strategy
- Staff assessments to identify roadblocks, challenges, and development opportunities
- Manager development and coaching
- Update position responsibilities and job descriptions
- Improve hiring practices
- Revise reporting structure to optimize talent and efficiencies
Owners and managers, if you are seeking experienced guidance to fast-forward your organization’s goals, please e-mail me to set a phone call time to discuss.
Our clients report:
- Increased new business and retention rates
- Improved employee satisfaction and professionalism
- Stronger policyholder, agent, carrier relationships
- Revenue growth and increased profit
The links below will take you to a concise overview of the consulting services that interest you:
Consulting for Specific Needs
Becoming a Leader
Great leaders move organizations upward and inspire people to be better than they think they can be. Leaders and future leaders will learn the importance and application of:
- Personal responsibility
- Clear, frequent, and compassionate communication
- Setting and maintaining high organizational standards
- Staying disciplined and detailed
- Defining their own style
Strategic Planning Facilitation
A well designed and well facilitated approach to future planning helps owners and managers:
- Stay on task to objectively gather participant views and accomplish meeting goals
- Clarify the vision, values, and goals of the organization
- Discuss present situation, future strategy and set priorities
- Establish action plans with timelines and accountability
- Document meeting results to assure follow through
Employee Development Practices and Processes
Top-performing employees develop through a dependable, well-thought-out strategy. Together with our clients we:
- Assist with the hiring process – job descriptions, conduct assessments, interviews, and job offers
- Create a step-by-step training and development program
- Offer employee and management coaching for job success
- Develop performance reviews and the monitoring process
- Align the personnel guide, job descriptions, and performance reviews to encourage consistent top performance
- Create and implement employee recognition programs
Develop Organizational Best Practices
Creating a culture of top-performance assures long-term business success. With our clients we:
- Create the organizational vision and mission
- Establish the core values which guide people and processes
- Implement teamwork strategies that align with the organizational vision
- Provide leadership and management coaching to help them meet individual and business goals
- Document meeting results to assure follow through
Client Relationship Programs
Based on the strategies from my books, Selling from the Inside, Great Service Sells and Kick Your ‘But’, we work with clients to:
- Assess new business and cross-sell opportunities
- Turn service to sales by working with CSRs
- Provide producer sales training through coaching and workshops
- Improve new business results and account retention with effective marketing strategies
- Maximize carrier and third party resources to improve your client’s risk
Create an Effective Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service Plan
A long-distance consulting program for agencies with fewer than eight people.
If you’re interested in quickly assessing, creating, and implementing agency growth and profit strategies tailored to your specific agency and situation, take advantage of this personal and customized program. The game plan includes:
- Three month unlimited phone and e-mail access to me which includes three scheduled and structured phone meetings.
- We will analyze agency information to assess current client base, what clients want and value, what your carriers offer and how to maximize those relationships.
- We will define your brand. Based on that, we’ll assess your current marketing, sales, and service strategies to check alignment.
- We will establish quantitative and qualitative goals to grow your business to create a very specific and focused plan.
- We will work together to create action plans and implementation strategies for key goals.
- My books, Selling from the Inside, Kick Your “But” and Great Service Sells will set the foundation to offer ideas and strategies to build your custom plan.
Producer Sales Coaching and Mentoring
This annual coaching program provides unlimited access to me. Contact includes scheduled phone calls, course assignments using my dozen books and audios, weekly activity and results reviews, and a dozen other topics to increase business, shorten the learning curve, and create a sales process for long-term success. Click here for full details on acceptance, topics, structure, and fees.
Executive and Associate Coaching
We help our clients develop, on individual basis, the knowledge, skills, and personal performance of the team. Through one-on-one coaching, people gain insight, emotional intelligence, and improved presentation and communication skills to meet corporate and individual objectives.
Get Hired! Personal Coaching for College Graduates
Originally asked by clients and friends to work with their children to help them land interviews and get hired, I’ve decided to offer this service to others on a limited basis. Services include resume review, networking, communication, presentation, and interviewing tips. For details on program process and fee, please call or e-mail me.
Emily does what we don’t have time to do with new producers and does it extremely well. The producers appreciate her focused attention, honest feedback, and depth of knowledge about insurance sales. Emily has been instrumental in helping develop our people for ten years and will continue to be.