Yummy Blueberry Cobbler
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/8 cups sugar
4 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pinch ground cinnamon
3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 11×7 inch baking dish.
- Spread the blueberries out to cover the entire bottom of the baking dish. Squeeze the juice from the lemon over them.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter and 1 1/8 cups sugar until smooth. Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk until smooth. Batter will be thin. Spoon over the berries and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Sprinkle over the top of the batter. Dust with a pinch of cinnamon, then pour the boiling water over the entire dish.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.