Allrecipes.com is my go-to online cookbook. I adapted a featured recipe by adding some of my homemade pesto which adds a lot of flavor to the chicken. Few ingredients, easy to assemble, and one-dish in the oven. My favorite kind of recipe!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts – butterfly if thick. (I only buy Perdue which is free of antibiotics)
1 (4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup of pesto
1 jar of spaghetti sauce – any flavor
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9×13 baking pan, line with non-stick foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Spread the pesto on top of each breast.
- Sprinkle olives on top.
- Pour the beans over the chicken.
- Pour the sauce over all. (See serving suggestion below. Reserve some sauce to toss with pasta.)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and generously sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan on top.
- Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes or until chicken no longer pink.
To serve, place the chicken over lightly-sauced penne pasta in a serving dish. Makes a beautiful presentation to serve from the table.