adapted from a Family Circle recipe
1 rolled refrigerated pie crust
1 4.4 ounce package light herb cheese spread, such as Boursin
4 medium ripe tomatoes, about 1 pound total, thinly sliced, patted dry
2 medium zucchini, about 1 pound total, sliced into 1/4-inch coins
1 cup of sautéed sweet onions (start with about 2 cups)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for a one-crust pie, pricking the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes. Cool.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread Boursin cheese evenly over bottom of crust.
- Alternately fan tomato and zucchini slices in a decorative fashion. Spread all the sautéed onions over this layer. Sprinkle with ½ the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. Repeat for a second layer.
- Bake tart at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until nicely browned and zucchini slices are fork tender. Cool slightly and serve.