Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes
6 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup coarsely chopped shallots
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp snipped fresh thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, minced (I use garlic powder for a lighter garlic taste)
1/4 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 15x10x 1-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. In the pan, combine broccoli and shallots.
- In small bowl combine oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil mixture over broccoli and shallots and toss gently to coat.
- Roast uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and stir into broccoli mixture. Roast an additional 5 minutes until broccoli is tender and tomatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle with Asiago cheese before serving.
Josmo’s Cafe note: We doubled this recipe for a dinner party for 7 people and we nearly finished it all!
From Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorites Cookbook 2013