Goat Cheese, Ricotta and Pesto Terrine
I love this appetizer! Make a day ahead so the flavors meld together. Impressive presentation. Perfect for a wine tasting party. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup basil pesto, purchased or homemade
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Accompaniments: fresh or toasted, sliced baguettes, crackers
- Combine the two cheeses in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chives, salt and pepper and stir to blend.
- Line a 5-inch wide bowl with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhang to cover the terrine when finished.
- Put 1/2 of the cheese mixture in the bowl and smooth the top. Spread the top with half of the pesto.
- Scatter half of the tomatoes, olives and pine nuts over the pesto. Repeat using half of the remaining cheese, the rest of the pesto, then the rest of the olives, nuts and tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the overhanging plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Better when left overnight.
Unwrap the top of the terrine and invert onto a serving platter. Remove the plastic wrap and serve with crackers surrounding it.