Chocolate Chip Scones
from Nordic Mini-Scone Pan Box
2 C flour
1/4 C sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C cold butter, cut into pieces
3/4 C mini-chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C buttermilk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray pan with butter spray. (I use a mini-scone pan)
- In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse meal.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla, then add to the flour mixture.
- Stir just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough.
- Divide evenly among the wells in the pan. Dough will be sticky. Use teaspoons to scoop and place in pan sections.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from pan and serve.