Lemon Cream Cheese Danish
Served warm, this melt-in-your mouth flaky and creamy pastry is sensational. It’s so pretty, you’d never know it was so easy to make.
2 cans regular-size refrigerator crescent dinner rolls
2 8oz. packages of cream cheese
1 ¼ cup sugar (divided)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 egg – divided
9×13 lightly buttered baking dish
- Unroll 1 package of the crescent dinner rolls on wax paper. Press seams together. Place dough in greased baking dish.
- Beat together cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Pour over crescent rolls in pan.
- Unroll the second crescent roll package and press seams together. Place on top of cream cheese layer.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg white to a frothy foam.
- Brush the egg wash on top and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.