Emily recently delivered two programs at the NAMIC Communications + Marketing Workshop – Selling Your Ideas to Leadership and Communicating Effectively with Your Agents. Both the immediate feedback from her sessions and the participant surveys confirmed why Emily is a sought-after presenter for our members. Here is a comment that sums up the many positive comments. “Emily is incredibly skilled as a presenter and gets our challenges as an industry because she has been there. Her content is spot on. Best speaker of the week for me.”
Are you seeking a trusted advisor to help your agency reach its full potential?
For over 25 years, Emily Huling has advised and guided main-street insurance agencies to achieve dramatic growth and enhanced market power. Her clients report:
- Increased client acquisition and retention rates
- Improved employee satisfaction and professionalism
- Stronger carrier relationships
- Revenue growth and increased profit
Our Commitment to Our Clients
We will improve your clients' experience, grow your top-line revenue and your bottom-line profit. Together we accomplish this through:
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Leadership and management development
- Business development - marketing, sales, service strategies
- Organizational and process improvements
- Individual skill and team development
- Personal coaching
- Work in partnership with you to create and execute your ideal business model - family business, lifestyle business, or enterprise.
- Utilize and develop existing talents and resources for your agency and individuals to reach their full potential.
- Solutions are tailored to specific needs using both on-site and remote contact. They may include consulting, coaching, workshops, teleconferences, Emily's books and audio programs.
Operations Review, Recommendations, and Strategy Plan - agency or department
- Situation analysis - strengths, opportunities, weaknesses, threats
- Gap analysis - staff surveys, observation, interviews
- Cultural purpose, values, best practices - create or revisit
- Personnel practices review - employee manual, job descriptions, performance reviews, hiring and terminating practices
- Compensation review including incentives, bonus, etc.
- Producer agreements
- Business development - marketing practices, social media strategy, individual plans
- Productivity - workload - account and book of business assignments - workflow
- Carrier analysis
- Producer effectiveness and profit - sales plans and practices, sales management
- P&L comparison to IIABA Best Practices
Service-Selling Skill Development - Equip front-line employees with the skills to develop relationships, ask, listen, and advise to improve retention, loss ratio, and profit.
Client-Based Selling Skills for Producers - This program focuses on establishing the agency sales culture, sales planning and management, and individual producer skill building and success.
Leadership and Management Practices - Develop owner, manager and supervisor skills and effectiveness that result in improved staff productivity, teamwork, and client focus.
Emily Huling is founder and president of Selling Strategies, Inc. in Terrell, NC. Founded in 1994, Selling Strategies is a consulting, training, and speaking firm that specializes in the insurance industry to create top-performing sales, customer service, and leadership organizations.
Emily’s background in the insurance industry includes underwriting, marketing, and consulting activities for Aetna Life and Casualty and The Hartford. She was also sales manager at a large multi-location independent agency.
Her articles are published regularly in insurance publications countrywide. She’s on the national faculty for the Society of CIC. Her clients include companies, wholesalers, and dozens of independent agents and associations across the country.
Emily is a Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), a Certified Management Consultant (CMC), a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and the author of more than a dozen books and audio programs including Selling in a Hard Market, Great Service Sells, Kick Your “But” and Selling from the Inside.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]